From the Director…
Welcome to the University of Illinois!
The University of Illinois has partnered with various departments to develop and offer a new professional Master’s degree in Predictive Analytics and Risk Management (MPARM). Preparations are ongoing, with the plan for the start of the inaugural classes for this new program in Fall 2022.
The objectives of this program are as follows:
- Offer a high-quality professional degree program in professional quantitative risk management for the insurance, financial, and other industry sectors
- Develop the curricular innovations and capacity to respond to changes in scholarship and industry and so prepare us for the next generation of scholarship and education in risk management
- Lay the groundwork for future degree programs in this area, including programs more oriented toward managers
A curriculum is currently being developed with a comprehensive list of course options. Students will have a choice of two concentrations:
- Financial and Insurance Analytics
- Enterprise Risk Management
This degree program will be able to be completed in one year, which will include summer courses that can be taken online. We have received consistent feedback that a one-year program would be much more attractive to professionals.
We are excited about bringing this program to Illinois and welcome all of you to explore the course options available to you.
Runhuan Feng Acting Program Director MS, Predictive Analytics and Risk Management University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign